Friday, April 5, 2013

Local Library Resources

I am very lucky to have my local library very close to where I live. My children enjoyed story time and visiting weekly when they were young and now I take my grand daughter who is almost 5 there. She can't wait until she turns five and is allowed to get her own library card. Our library not only has a wealth of books, from classics to the newly published children's books, but has puzzles, DVD's, and usually a few computers available as well to help with research for the older kids. Each summer, they have themed reading programs and contests. Saturdays are often the times for author visits and guest speakers. If you have a special book your child wants to read, they can get it for you in no time. Of course, they still have story time each week for preschoolers. Take some time, to find our where your nearest library is located and give them a call. Your children can benefit from everything they have to offer and it's a great way to spend some quality time together.

No comments: