Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nursery Rhymes

You cannot overestimate the impact reading has on your children. Even the years before school are extremely important. Many parents and caregivers have gotten away from reading fairly tales and nursery rhymes to their kids, but that isn't a good idea. Mix up the fiction and non-fiction things you read with the old traditional nursery rhymes. They teach you child so much about language, and rhyming. Here is my scrapbook page for Feb 26. "Read a Fairy Tale Day."



Another challenge for today is using this sketch to make a card. I will be giving this card for an anniversary.

11 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a sweet layout for your page! Your card is lovely also!

Becky said...

what a lovely layout, and I love this stamp and the colors are fab.

chica21b said...

Hi Barbara your layout is great. I think reading before school starts is very important too!

Joanne Travis said...

Love the card and page. You have such an adorable subject to work with :)

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

So true about reading! My son is living proof! Great layout & pretty card!

xiumaiyuki said...

This layout is so sweet! I agree with you about reading to your kids when they're young. I love reading! My parents did not buy me toys or electronics when I was growing up but books & comics instead. And I so appreciate them for this.

Alison Anderson said...

Cute page!

Enfys said...

What a wonderful layout and card. I totally agree about the importance of reading, I buy my grandchildren so many books. Kiki has loved snuggling up to 'read' a story with me since she was very small, and Max is showing the same signs. The beauty of the written word.........
hugs
Enfys

Karen said...

You are so correct in reading to your child before school. When my children were small I did the same. Now I am enjoying reading to my grandson!

maddy hill said...

fab layout and card - what a cute baby and lovely paper you have used too

Cindy said...

Lovely card...I like how you tied the cord through the button...I have to try that! :o)