Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Priceless Portraits


This past week I embarked on a fun adventure with my son, daughter-in-law, and grandbaby. It was our very first portrait appointment and we went filled with anticipation. Emma donned her little lamb costume and we waited for quite awhile for the photographer to be ready for us ( she was the only one working at the time) and we were concerned that Emma would get restless and hot in her outfit. When we were finally called into the studio, my son was asked to be the prop man. He was covered with a brown piece of fabric so that he could hold Emma, who is too young to sit up alone. My daughter-in-law and I proceeded to act out, sing, coo, and crawl around to evoke the big grin that we have seen many times on Emma's face. Nothing was out of the question. There were many different poses and we did manage to get some smiles after a few tries. I have to admit that in the beginning, her expression showed that she had no idea why we were all acting so strange. In the end, however, it was well worth it, since the pictures came out really well. They accurately portray the many and ever expanding emotions that a five month old experiences. We all ordered lots of prints and my favorite is already proudly displayed in my home. Every time I look at it, I not only marvel how adorable she is, but to what extent we will all go to capture each fleeting stage of development.

No comments: